Uniforms and Dress Code
Trinity Lutheran School’s uniform supplier is Lands’ End for Schools. All uniform items must be ordered through Lands’ End. Used uniforms are also available for purchase during Trinity’s Back to School BBQ, Drop Off Day, and on other designated dates throughout the school year.
Lands’ End for Schools
School Preferred Number: 9000-9649-6
PLEASE NOTE: Uniform shoes are no longer required, but they may be worn. Sneakers may be worn and the only acceptable colors are black, red, white, or a combination of the three colors. Boots, crocs, sandals, or any other type of footwear may NOT to be worn in school.
Trinity’s uniform policy will be strongly enforced. Guidelines are:
- Clothing should fit well, be clean, pressed, and in good repair.
- The length of a girl’s skirt will be knee length.
- No outer clothing (i.e. non-school sweatshirts, non-school sweaters, etc.) may be worn in addition to or in place of the prescribed uniform during the school day.
- Boots worn to and from school are to be exchanged for uniform sneakers or shoes during school hours.
- Jewelry is always to be in good taste and appropriate for school. Earrings (one pair only) should be simple and small. Large chains, bracelets, multiple earrings, nose rings, decorative gold teeth, and multi-finger rings are not acceptable in school. Expensive jewelry should not be worn.
- Boys may not wear earrings.
- Hair accessories should complement the uniform. Neatly groomed collar-length hair is required of boys. Colored hair and/or color in the hair are not permitted.
- If a student belongs to an organization such as Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, or Brownies and the meeting is immediately after school, the uniform for that organization may be worn on the day of the meeting.
- For students in grades 5-8: The PE uniform, as listed, should be worn on the days when physical education is scheduled.
A parent/guardian will be called if a student arrives at school and is not dressed according to the dress code. The student might be asked to sit out of class until the matter is resolved in addition to other consequences. The ultimate responsibility for the child’s appearance and conformance with the dress code rests with the parent/guardian. The school maintains the right to determine what is and is not acceptable. These dress code rules are outlined in the Parent/Student Handbook, which is distributed to all families prior to the start of the school year
Trinity Lutheran School's Uniform Policy
Girls Grades K - 3
- Navy jumper solid with logo
- Plain front chino shorts, navy
- Plain front chino slacks, navy
- Polo shirts – red or white, long or short sleeve, with logo
- Short or long sleeve white peter pan collared shirt
- Navy or red cardigan sweater with logo
- White turtlenecks may be worn under a shirt
- Black or navy belt from any source
- Black, navy, or white socks, tights, or ankle-length leggings from any source
- Shoes from any source, black heel not to exceed 1” in height
- No boots
- Black, red, or white sneakers from any source, white, red, or black.
Early fall and late spring optional attire: White or blue knit polo shirt with or round collared uniform blouse and navy twill, pleated uniform shorts.
During the winter months, students are permitted to wear a white long-sleeved turtleneck under the white blouse or shirt.
Girls Grades 4 and 5
- Box-pleat skirt, navy
- Short or long sleeve white oxford shirt
- Polo shirts — red or white, long or short sleeve, with logo
- Plain front chino shorts, navy
- Plain front chino slacks, navy (may keep current navy slacks)
- Navy or red v-neck vest with logo
- Navy or red v-neck sweater with logo
- White turtleneck to be worn under a shirt
- Belt from any source, black or navy
- Socks, tights, or ankle-length leggings from any source, black, navy, or white
- Shoes from any source, black heel not to exceed 1” in height. No boots.
- Sneakers from any source, white, red, or black
Early fall and late spring optional attire: White or blue knit polo shirt. Navy twill, pleated uniform shorts with belt.
During the winter months students are permitted to wear a white long sleeved turtleneck under the white blouse or shirt.
Boys Grades K - 5
Polo shirts — Red or white with logo
Oxford Shirt (white 4th & 5th grade)
Plain front chino shorts, navy
Plain front chino slacks, navy (iron knee)
Navy or Red cardigan sweater (kindergarten -grade 3) with logo
Navy or red v-neck vest (4th and 5th grade) with logo
Navy or red v-neck sweater (4th and 5th grade) with logo
(White turtleneck to be worn under a shirt)
Belt from any source, black or navy
Socks from any source: black, navy, or white ankle or crew
Shoes from any source, black heel not to exceed 1” in height. No boots.
Sneakers from any source, white. red or black.
Physical Education Uniform for 5th-8th Grade Students:
Uniforms must purchase clothes for physical education via the school office. A separate order will be sent to parents of 6th-8th students for will be available for ordering and purchasing.
Boys mesh gym shorts, red
Girls mesh gym shorts, red
Girls short or long sleeve t-shirt, red
Boys short or long sleeve t-shirt, red
Boys sweatpants, gray
Girls sweatpants, gray
Middle School 6-8
Middle School Uniform Grades 6-8:
Shoes: Penny Loafers, black or brown or Docksiders. Sneakers: black, red, or white.
Girls: Polo shirts — Long sleeve & short sleeve, red or white. Turtlenecks — Regular and mock in red or white. Sweatshirts — Fleece crew with logo in red or gray heather. Skirts — A-line, pleated or side buckle in black and khaki, knee length. Pants — Plain and pleated chino in black and khaki (no cargo). Shorts — Plain and pleated chino in black and khaki (no cargo). Belts — black or brown (from any source).
Boys: Polo shirts — Long sleeve & short sleeve. red or white. Turtlenecks — Regular and mock in red or white. Sweatshirts — Fleece crew with logo in red or gray heather. Pants: Plain and pleated chino in black and khaki (no cargo). Shorts — Plain and pleated chino in black and khaki (no cargo). Belts: black, khaki, or brown (from any source).
Belts worn with pants and shorts may not be excessively long or have oversized buckles and must be plain and undecorated.
Socks, stockings, leggings, or tights must be worn. Socks may be black, brown, or white. Stockings, leggings, and tights may be black, white, or beige. (no striped, argyle, or other decorative socks or tights)
Pants and shorts should be worn at the waist.
Shirts worn under the polo shirt must be solid in color with no writing or graphics.
The sweatshirt must be worn with a uniform shirt or turtleneck underneath and may not be oversized.
All uniform components for students must be from Lands’ End for Schools catalog or website, except where otherwise noted on the uniform checklist.